Building resilient communities
The Regions4Climate project aims to collaboratively develop and demonstrate a socially-just transition to climate resilience. Based on cross-sectoral roadmaps developed together with regional stakeholders, the project will create and implement innovations combining sociocultural, technological, digital, business, governance, and environmental solutions to reduce the vulnerability of European regions to the impacts of climate change.
Together, let’s create a resilient Europe
The Regions4Climate project will plan and implement real climate resilient innovations created by and for people in response to the EU mission Adaptation to climate change.
Due to climate change, our livelihoods, well-being and environment are threatened. A transition towards resilience has become urgent and mandatory. This need requires that we simultaneously address social inequalities and implement cross-sectoral innovations to build social, economic and environmental resilience to extreme events.
What is the EU Mission Adaptation to Climate Change?
The EU Mission Adaptation to Climate Change is one of the five EU missions launched in September 2021 by the European Commission aiming at helping to deliver the European Green Deal. This mission supports around 150 regions and communities in Europe towards climate resilience by 2030.
Several of the demo regions participating in Regions4Climate have signed the Charter of the Mission on Adaptation to Climate Change. Discover all the signatories here.
Demo case regions
Partner regions include the Basque country (Spain), South Aquitaine (France), the Azores (Portugal), Tuscany (Italy), Køge Bay (Denmark), Burgas (Bulgaria), Uusimaa (Finland), Pärnumaa (Estonia), Sitia (Greece), Castilla y León (Spain), Nordic archipelago cooperation (Sweden), and Troodos (Cyprus Republic).
Demo case regions
Develop a comprehensive operational framework.
Scale up and deploy innovative socio-technological climate resilience solutions.
Generate and validate suitable solutions for just societal transformation and building climate resilience at the regional and local level.
- “Risk-Space-Transfer” Technology Transfer Office
- Burgas Municipality
- Cyprus Energy Agency
- Troodos Network of Thematic Centres
- Danish Coastal Authority
- VIA University College
- Region Hovedstaden
- Region Sjælland
- University of Copenhagen
- Stockholm Environment Institute Tallinn
- Eesti Keskkonnauuringute Keskus
- Sihtasutus Pärnumaa Arenduskeskus
- City of Pärnu
- Teknologian Tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy
- Forum Virium Helsinki Oy
- Demos Research Institute Oy
- Helsinki-Uusimaa Regional Council
- Allmänna Förvaltningen
- University of Helsinki
- SUEZ Eau France – Center Rivages Pro Tech
- Communauté d’Agglomération du Pays Basque
- Université de Pau et des Pays de l’Adour
- ICLEI European Secretariat GmbH
- National Center for Scientific Research “Demokritos”
- Municipality of Sitia
- Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
- RINA Consulting
- Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies
- University of Florence
- IRIS Ambiente Bacci Maurizio
- NEMO srl
- Region Tuscany
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Inovação SPI
- Empresarial e Formento da Inovação SA
- University of the Azores
- The Regional Fund of Science and Technology (FRCT)
- Fundacion AZTI – AZTI Fundazioa
- Zabala Innovation Consulting, S.A.
- Tecnalia Research & Innovation
- CARTIF Technology Centre
- Junta de Castilla y León
- Sociedad Pública de Gestión Ambiental IHOBE SA
- Consejeria De Desarrollo Económico, Sostenibilidad y Medio Ambiente. Euskadi
- Nordic archipelago cooperation